Phantom Regiment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Playing.

4 posters

Go down

Role Playing. Empty Role Playing.

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:19 am

Never really been part of Role Playing much in MMOs, but it appears we have a good group of core members here that like to meet up and BS. I'm not even sure how to really start it, but was curious if any was interested in setting up back stories for you character, and have some RP. Not hardcore, it will probably increase the needless of things, but it could be fun I think. I think with the wittiness of some of the people it could get quite hilarious.

Just throwing it out there to see if anyone is interested.

Back to top Go down

Role Playing. Empty Re: Role Playing.

Post  EbonyRaven Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:00 pm

I love that idea. I come from a background of RPG, thats what I started with online. My brother who I am hoping will respond also and I kinda do that with our charcters. We usually just do it among ourselves, nothing serious though cause nobody else really goes along with it, lol. Might be kinda hard in this setting with the crappy chat system and not everyone in the evironment around us getting involved, but could be fun to work up a character sheet at least. Be interested to see the other ideas when more people come to the site
EbonyRaven
EbonyRaven
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:04 pm

EB you'd probably have to take the lead as I've never done it before. Other than a back story not sure how else to start. I'm sure we could figure out the chat system.

Back to top Go down

Post  EbonyRaven Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:08 pm

I'll recruit the brother to helping me out, but gotta get more interest first.
EbonyRaven
EbonyRaven
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KnightRaven Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:17 pm

Brother happily recruited lol i do that with all my characters atleast in my head and when i create my characters Smile my fav rp though is on the toon i play least my Villian ...hes stupid but powerful lol ........and ALWAYS hungery

KnightRaven
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EbonyRaven Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:19 pm

LOL Yeah we have fun with that RP, you should make Moltanis like that.
EbonyRaven
EbonyRaven
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KnightRaven Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:34 pm

it wouldnt work for Moltanis the back story is he was a volcanolagist (a scientist that studies valconoes not vulcans Razz) so hes not stupid like hellfire who is a demon

KnightRaven
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EbonyRaven Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:40 pm

True true ... Hellfire is so fun though lol
EbonyRaven
EbonyRaven
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WarNPeace Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:34 am

Ayra, backstory is a great idea. I offten feel the RP has disappeared out of RPG! Unfortunately the gaming community I dont think even remember the roots of RPGs! Im talking D&D / Forgotten Realms / ect...... and not Ledgend of Zelda! The Video game aspect of the game tends to draw competitive and highly obssesive (Bi-Polar in my opinion) people. There are those in our league I think will not have the imagination to RP in this RPG because they are Gamers and not Role Players at heart. Its the Role Play that keeps us logging in daily while the gamers run to the next release looking for more levels and skills to aquire as quickly as possable, so they can bitch that the game was to EZ and they are bored! I for one LOVE the idea. I role play every game I play. If its FINAL FANTASY or GRAND THEFT AUTO I like to become the character. Its what makes me enjoy the process instead of obssess on the goal!
WarNPeace
WarNPeace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:54 am

Well we could get it started here for the character back stories. I've never really done that part of it all, but in SWG we had some great RP. I think from what you post above War that I'm a mix of those kinda players. I play mostly for the community and not playing along. If that involves RP great or just hanging out BSing great, but I also love to get my shinny néw piece of armor or weapon so we can thrash the bosses.

I have skipped from rpg to rpg mostly cause I haven't liked the back stories, but DC has a great base to start with. I do admit though when The Old Republic gets released I'm such a Huge star wars nerd I will go play that. I did buy lifetime thing here though, and if our league continues to grow community wise I can't see not playing for a long time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:08 am

Can weber a separate section for RP and setting up our characters back story?

Back to top Go down

Post  WarNPeace Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:07 am

From what I hear many on the league will be playing knights of the old republic whaen it comes out. As a fellow Star Wars nerd I will more than likely be there too. I am kinda soured on Star Wars as of late, but I like playing with everyone here enough to go try it out with you all. It will take a catostrophic event to perminantly drag me from DC though. I am such a huge DC nerd that I will ride this ship to the bottem!
WarNPeace
WarNPeace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:31 am

It would be nice as we get closer to release we could pick a server together. We could be a multi game league. Like I said I'll be here to you guys are too awesome even though I nicer get groups lol.

Also to my question above can we have a section just for role playing here?

Back to top Go down

Post  EbonyRaven Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:45 pm

Sorry for missing this before Ayra! New section made and moving all these RP related posts into it
EbonyRaven
EbonyRaven
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:21 pm

Thanks EB, hopefully others will partake in the nerdness. I saw dusty's and was laughing at work. Can't wait to see how creative people are. I'm sure there could be some comic book worth stories.

Back to top Go down

Role Playing. Empty role play

Post  SUNSP0T Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:56 pm

was a leader of one of the top 50 leagues on guardian server on city of heroes for 2 years kinda still am.. and it was an all role play, all the time, league... first thing is, stick to your guns... if you're gonna do it then be prepaired to be messed with... second pick a theme and go with it.. people will that want to role play will be interested in what you are doing and dedication that you're displaying... and lastly have fun and be creative.. if everyone roleplays in "say" and has a good time with it more people will be interested in the league.. just my take on the question... but i'm down, it's dorky but fun..lol

SUNSP0T

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum