Phantom Regiment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Groups

Go down

Getting Groups Empty Getting Groups

Post  EbonyRaven Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:24 pm

I wanted to address the issue of getting groups because I know it can sometimes be frustrating and we recently had a new member leave because they felt they weren't being included.

My first bit of advice is Be Patient.
We all have differeing schedules and ways that we like to do things. Some of our most active members rarely ask in League chat for a group, they just que up and go with randoms. MP is the best example of this. War dubbed him our public relations guy. I personally don't like to do that, I'm more than happy to wait until someone in league asks for assistance and get my duos and alerts done that way. Everyone is different.

Second, be proactive. Don't sit around wating for someone to come to you specifically and ask if you'll do a duo are alert. Keep in mind we probably don't know you are there if you aren't speaking. Or that you need a group if you aren't asking. And remember, chat can be missed often because of the many system messages and/or a lively conversation in group, league, or general chat. If you see someone on that hasnt responded to a query for a certain alert, approach them directly to see if they are interested.

Third, be understanding. Especially if you are new to the league. Some people have formed bonds with specific people and they prefer to run with them. It takes time to get comfortable with a new person. Be aware of that. Be outgoing, let everyone get to know you, groups will happen.

Fourth, GET IN VENT! There are several of us in vent, and the main reason for getting it was ease of communication for Duos, Alerts and Raids. It's also a social function that will allow people to get to know you better and make it easier to find a group. We have seperate rooms set up so that when you go into an instance and there is alot of chatter in the lobby you can just move down into a room with your group and easily strategize and communicate among yourselfs. Alot of people really dislike the chat feature in the game, can't and/or don't like to type, or just aren't always paying attention to chat because they may be in a battle already. Because of this, communicating a need is much more likely to get a timely response if you are in vent.

My Fifth and Final point is one of the biggest. Don't Whine! Everyone has had a hard time getting a group together at some point. It happens. It will happen more than once. There are many factors and it is very unlikely that it is ever intentional that you specifically can't get a group. Unless you are a whiner.

Last thing on this subject, if you are getting frustrated with not being able to find a group and feel that you are doing all of the above, come to an officer and talk to us about before you leave. Perception is not always reality and hopefully we can help.

Happy Gaming.
EbonyRaven
EbonyRaven
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum